If you haven’t signed in to the forum since before 6/27/2014 you’ll need to reset your password in order to sign into your account. To do this, click here (the "I forgot my password" link on the login page) and you'll be sent a new password. You can read more about this here.

Official HD Concert Experience (Officially Released!)

Discuss all things blink here
Fighting The Gravity
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby Fighting The Gravity » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:11 am

good quality video but.. ugh I hate how the audio is all from the EPICENTER... the song reason I didnt like the epicenter was because of the audio quality.. this video uses almost all the audio from Epicenter :(

Andy Geeh
Fighting the Gravity

Fighting the Gravity

Postby Andy Geeh » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:23 am

Lol

Reed
Famous

Famous

Postby Reed » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:25 am

Andy Geeh wrote:Lol

What a great comback post Andy :lol:
"When you're feeling low, here's a little hand from above cause you're on my mind."

Fighting The Gravity
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby Fighting The Gravity » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:29 am

I mean Reed I deff like it and am glad u put it all together! I mean i can tell why it took soo long! Good job man

Reed
Famous

Famous

Postby Reed » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:37 am

vhayes182 wrote:I mean Reed I deff like it and am glad u put it all together! I mean i can tell why it took soo long! Good job man

Thanks man! I know exactly what you mean about the audio though. It was just the best option unfortunately. Originally I was just going though editing audio from the footage I was using, and it sounded great, but each song was noticeably different which was just super jaring and just sounded sketchy. It pretty much ruined the experience of watching the whole show. It was pretty obvious I needed all audio from one show so i messed around with some bootlegs, but the epicenter audio ultimately sounded the best so thats what I had to go with.

Glad you still enjoyed it though! :D
"When you're feeling low, here's a little hand from above cause you're on my mind."

Matthew!
Postwhore

Postwhore

Postby Matthew! » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:38 pm

I like it but i think travis bass drum is way too over powering. I think a bit of the live crowd should have be audible throughout. Just my opinion though. Its really cool though.

It would have be awesome if you could have got a sound board of the dublin concert. Ive heard it was one of the best of the tour and i was there and tom sounded awesome. Oh well, gotta work with what you got i suppose.

44disastermaster
Elite

Elite

Postby 44disastermaster » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:17 pm

Ya Travis' kick drum was shaking my room when I was listening to it.

Lawnun
Abducted

Abducted

Postby Lawnun » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:01 pm

Hey just a question but is this concert experience only available at blinkdisasters? Because if it is I think there'll be a big rush on this site and this will hopefully help the site get more lively. See other post \"Let's have a talk..."

L.J.H.
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby L.J.H. » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:25 am

Whats's with the HD direct download? Can't get a decent speed from it...
Cheers Reed, looking forward to watching it!

Buddha
Postwhore

Postwhore

Postby Buddha » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:24 am

Would it be at all possible to upload a direct HD video download link so I can download it on my PS3's web browser to my PS3. (It can't read .zip files)

I'm finding it really slow downloading it on my mac.

Many thanks if you could do this :D

44disastermaster
Elite

Elite

Postby 44disastermaster » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:00 am

I ended up finish the hd direct download in about 2 hours yesterday

Diglett
Addicted

Addicted

Postby Diglett » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:43 am

Am I the only one who's noticed that presents is spelt wrong? haha Joking aside, you've done a good job Reed. Props to you for sticking to this project for so long and putting so much effort into it! It's great

tudge
Feeling This!

Feeling This!

Postby tudge » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:11 am

Is it going to take you 2 years to do every concert?

Because A) You're just going to not do it anymore because it's taking you 2 years per concert.
or B) People aren't going to give a shit anymore/forget because it's taking you two years per concert.

tudge
Feeling This!

Feeling This!

Postby tudge » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:33 pm

c) I don't know why used '2' and 'two.'

Reed
Famous

Famous

Postby Reed » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:13 pm

tudge wrote:Is it going to take you 2 years to do every concert?

Because A) You're just going to not do it anymore because it's taking you 2 years per concert.
or B) People aren't going to give a shit anymore/forget because it's taking you two years per concert.

I wont be doing every concert/tour.

Also, keep in mind that during the 09 tour YouTube had JUST started the ability to upload HD videos. Some of the best footage used wasn't even uploaded until almost a year after the tour. Footage from this most recent tour is about 100x better the the selection for the reunion tour.

If I do make something like this again, I'll be going about the whole process differently. Especially on the audio side of things. I'll probably find a way to record a good audio bootleg myself. That was huge reason behind how long it took to make this and its probably the most important aspect of the whole thing.

Either way it'll be a little while.

Return to “blink-182”