If you haven’t signed in to the forum since before 6/27/2014 you’ll need to reset your password in order to sign into your account. To do this, click here (the "I forgot my password" link on the login page) and you'll be sent a new password. You can read more about this here.

Mark on KROQ: June 22, 2010

Discuss all things blink here
Tim
Fighting the Gravity

Fighting the Gravity

Postby Tim » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:14 pm

As most of you know, Mark was on KROQ this afternoon in wake of the backlash from fans last night at the disappointment of blink-182's "big announcement" of playing the Epicenter.

->Audio
->Full Transcript

Here's the highlights of the interview with Mark Hoppus:

On recording:
[list]"We are going back into the studio next month, in July, and getting ready for our European tour, writing some new songs as we rehearse for the tour, and then as soon as we get back, we're going right into the studio, and writing the new blink record."[/list:u]

On working on music with Tom and Travis:
[list]"Well we did before the tour, last summer, and kind of throughout the year this year, but we don't have anything that's absolutely ready to be released right now. We're still working on that, and as soon as we do, we're excited to get it out, and we can't wait to have new music out there, because it's been way too long."[/list:u]

On when fans can expect the new album:
[list]"Well we're hoping for 2010. We're working towards that, but until something's great, we're not going to release it. We're not going to release something too soon, just to have something out there, and then have it suck. We want it to be something that's really great and have something that we're proud of and the people are gonna' love, so as soon as we have something that we think people are gonna' love, and is totally ready to be out, you'll have it.[/list:u]

On the Blinkumentary:
[list]"That's still being edited. That's something that we shot last year, during the summer tour, and this year as well, and I just did an interview about it last week, at my house, and it's being done by some really talented and creative friends of ours, and we think it's going to be really cool. Hopefully, people agree."[/list:u]

On the fans being mislead:
[list]"It's not Stryker's fault that he didn't have a new blink song to play yesterday. Although he may have terribly mislead you, it wasn't intentional...Here's the thing is that I put it out on twitter, like, you know, 'Listen for a big announcement on Monday,' and then in the ads it said, like, 'Listen to KROQ. We're gonna' have a new song by a multi-platinum selling artist,' and people just put something together that wasn't necessarily there, but I totally understand it, and I'm sorry that we don't have the new music ready yet, but it will be very soon, and as soon as we have it, Stryker, you'll probably be the first person to have it, and I can't wait for that moment to happen. It can't happen soon enough, in my opinion."[/list:u]

On his new T.V. show on Fuse:
[list]"Oh, man, they gave me my own T.V. show! I get to interview bands. We have live performances. I get a studio. I get a whole staff of people, and it's just television-musical awesomeness, and it's going to be really fun...I don't have a desk. I requested that I did not have a desk because I'm not that professional, and I'm not that good."[/list:u]
Last edited by Tim on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

44disastermaster
Elite

Elite

Postby 44disastermaster » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:45 pm

Well put together buddy. Good thread

Chuck-182
Omnipresent

Omnipresent

Postby Chuck-182 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:12 pm

Just heard this. Great interview

I guess this is growing up...
2009-2015

Seven
Abducted

Abducted

Postby Seven » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:31 am

44disastermaster wrote:Well put together buddy. Good thread

agreed...thanks

Tim
Fighting the Gravity

Fighting the Gravity

Postby Tim » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:34 pm

Seven wrote:
44disastermaster wrote:Well put together buddy. Good thread

agreed...thanks

No problem. <3 You all.

Marco
Abducted

Abducted

Postby Marco » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:19 pm

wtflolBAN :lol:
Last edited by Marco on Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chuck-182
Omnipresent

Omnipresent

Postby Chuck-182 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:42 pm

What happened?

I guess this is growing up...
2009-2015

Chewy030
Fighting the Gravity

Fighting the Gravity

Postby Chewy030 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:18 am

Chuck-182 wrote:What happened?