If you haven’t signed in to the forum since before 6/27/2014 you’ll need to reset your password in order to sign into your account. To do this, click here (the "I forgot my password" link on the login page) and you'll be sent a new password. You can read more about this here.

blink to record new album this year

Discuss all things blink here
Djenni
Reckless Abandon

Reckless Abandon

Postby Djenni » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:15 pm

blink-182 has confirmed they will be back in the studio this year to record their seventh studio album.

Sweet! Hopefully they will create this album normally, together - actually in the same room. Not like Neighborhoods..

http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/mark ... _this_year

"and she's trying to sleep it off, with her head on my shoulder"

Reed
Famous

Famous

Postby Reed » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:00 pm

Hope they can actually start it, but I'll believe it when it happens. The AvA machine is supposed be kicking into high gear toward the end of the year as well so we'll see...

Also, this quote makes me feel uneasy:
Hopefully we can all mostly be in the same room.
Can you guys seriously not just schedule, at minimum, a few set days a week to dedicate to work on this thing together?! If they aren't going to record this one together and really set the time to work on this thing full time, then they may as well not do it.
"When you're feeling low, here's a little hand from above cause you're on my mind."

Chuck-182
Omnipresent

Omnipresent

Postby Chuck-182 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:48 am

Yeah I'm a little skeptical too but we'll see what happens

I guess this is growing up...
2009-2015

Djenni
Reckless Abandon

Reckless Abandon

Postby Djenni » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:43 am

New interview.
Tom DeLonge wrote:New album will reward fans.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/enter ... 12804.html

"and she's trying to sleep it off, with her head on my shoulder"

leamnmel
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby leamnmel » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:52 am

One thing I would like to ask the guys is... How is your relationship now compared to what it was like 10 years ago?
Because I always get the feeling that they only talk to each other when only appropriate, say for example... When they gotta do a show or when they need to talk about the new record! I remember (I think it was Tom) saying "every day I have to speak to them , if I don't then it's not the same"!
Of course they aren't gunna be the same completely but if like to think that they do actually enjoy each others company and really enjoy being the friends they used to be back in the day!

Reed
Famous

Famous

Postby Reed » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:16 pm

leamnmel wrote:One thing I would like to ask the guys is... How is your relationship now compared to what it was like 10 years ago?
Because I always get the feeling that they only talk to each other when only appropriate, say for example... When they gotta do a show or when they need to talk about the new record! I remember (I think it was Tom) saying "every day I have to speak to them , if I don't then it's not the same"!
Of course they aren't gunna be the same completely but if like to think that they do actually enjoy each others company and really enjoy being the friends they used to be back in the day!
That'd be interesting to hear for sure. Things are definitely different between them, but that doesn't necessarily mean "danger" or anything. I've got old friends I can go months without speaking to and we can pick up right where we left off. That seems to be where they're at. I Could be totally wrong though. They might text and call each other during blink downtime who knows.
"When you're feeling low, here's a little hand from above cause you're on my mind."

Chuck-182
Omnipresent

Omnipresent

Postby Chuck-182 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:31 am

Reed wrote:I've got old friends I can go months without speaking to and we can pick up right where we left off. That seems to be where they're at.

Yeah I think I'd have to agree with you here

I guess this is growing up...
2009-2015

leamnmel
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby leamnmel » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:10 am

Reed wrote:
leamnmel wrote:One thing I would like to ask the guys is... How is your relationship now compared to what it was like 10 years ago?
That'd be interesting to hear for sure. Things are definitely different between them, but that doesn't necessarily mean "danger" or anything. I've got old friends I can go months without speaking to and we can pick up right where we left off. That seems to be where they're at. I Could be totally wrong though. They might text and call each other during blink downtime who knows.

Same here!
But I just find them to be very different in them selves!
I could be very wrong but who knows? If anyone does get the chance to interview them or speak to either of them you should definitely drop this question in there! I know I would.

Return to “blink-182”