If you haven’t signed in to the forum since before 6/27/2014 you’ll need to reset your password in order to sign into your account. To do this, click here (the "I forgot my password" link on the login page) and you'll be sent a new password. You can read more about this here.

Is Hiatus 2.0 Underway?

Discuss all things blink here
~*Dan*~
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby ~*Dan*~ » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:24 am

leamnmel wrote:
~*Dan*~ wrote:
Djenni wrote:
leamnmel wrote:They were meant for blink.... He's making his point by telling us all and the fuckers giving him abuse about the whole situation, that look I have been writing blink material! I still think Mark and travis were out of order about the situation!

I honestly think he's just taking some rough demos he had that were meant for blinks next album and finishing them to save face after all of this. Having said that i really do hope they sound good and blinkish, might be the last we hear of Toms blinkish side for some time :?

I suspect you're right, I've got a feeling he's probably finishing them off and mixing them.

He probably is.... But saying that maybe he left parts for travis or mark... Vocals etc. So maybe he's filling in the blank spaces!
Who knows?

I think we're going to have to wait to find out on the 1st march if these demos include Mark and Travis. But as much as I like Tom, being one of many inspirations in writing music, I get the feeling this is all an ego massage for him.

leamnmel
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby leamnmel » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:22 am

Well did anyone see travis' tweet about how Blink are sounding better than ever? What a fucking idiot.... I thought out of the theee of them he was the mature one, obviously not! All this digging at tom is really out of order and fuck him for saying that, if tom hadn't of started the band he might not of had the career he has now! That's a fact!

Djenni
Reckless Abandon

Reckless Abandon

Postby Djenni » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:52 pm

leamnmel wrote:Well did anyone see travis' tweet about how Blink are sounding better than ever?

Yeah it's a bit of a douche move but i think ultimately he's just trying to sell tickets to his Musink festival.

Travis Barker wrote:Anybody coming to @Musink_TatFest get ready for an amazing show. @blink182 sounds better than it ever has #BLINK182 #MUSINK

"and she's trying to sleep it off, with her head on my shoulder"

Chuck-182
Omnipresent

Omnipresent

Postby Chuck-182 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:29 am

I was really really really really really hoping Tom wasn't gonna try and market his expulsion from blink, looks like I was wrong :(

I guess this is growing up...
2009-2015

~*Dan*~
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby ~*Dan*~ » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:38 pm

Chuck-182 wrote:I was really really really really really hoping Tom wasn't gonna try and market his expulsion from blink, looks like I was wrong :(

Sadly it seems blink-182 is now just a brand for Tom, Mark and Travis to cash in on, a big brand to boot. It's for this reason, AvA and +44 were so successful on the back of the first hiatus. Of course, neither were as big of a success as blink, but that's a given as neither band were going to be of huge popularity compared to blink-182. Apparently word on the grapevine is no legalities have been resolved between Tom and Mark and Travis, but if Tom releases anything with their works involved, be it drums, bass, vocals etc, Mark and Travis would still be entitled to their cut of the money. If I released a song, with your vocals on it, you'd want your royalties right?
It's nice to actually come on to this forum where something like this can be debated without the whole "Fuck Tom and stop fucking promoting him" (just look on Absolute Punk, facebook pages et al), it seems we can all accept each others opinions. I'm going to be honest here, I pre-ordered Demos, Odds and Ends last night, I'm genuinely curious. I'm not going to be a lemon about this whole situation because Tom has done this again to blink. I'm gutted one of my favourite bands won't get to release a new album this year, but it is what it is.

Chuck-182
Omnipresent

Omnipresent

Postby Chuck-182 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:29 am

~*Dan*~ wrote:It's nice to actually come on to this forum where something like this can be debated without the whole "Fuck Tom and stop fucking promoting him" (just look on Absolute Punk, facebook pages et al), it seems we can all accept each others opinions. I'm going to be honest here, I pre-ordered Demos, Odds and Ends last night, I'm genuinely curious. I'm not going to be a lemon about this whole situation because Tom has done this again to blink. I'm gutted one of my favourite bands won't get to release a new album this year, but it is what it is.

Holy shit the Tom hate on Absolute Punk is insanely high, I'm trying to avoid because while I'm not very happy with his decisions lately I still don't hate the guy. I plan on preordering here soon as well.

2009-2015

~*Dan*~
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby ~*Dan*~ » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:01 am

Chuck-182 wrote:
~*Dan*~ wrote:It's nice to actually come on to this forum where something like this can be debated without the whole "Fuck Tom and stop fucking promoting him" (just look on Absolute Punk, facebook pages et al), it seems we can all accept each others opinions. I'm going to be honest here, I pre-ordered Demos, Odds and Ends last night, I'm genuinely curious. I'm not going to be a lemon about this whole situation because Tom has done this again to blink. I'm gutted one of my favourite bands won't get to release a new album this year, but it is what it is.

Holy shit the Tom hate on Absolute Punk is insanely high, I'm trying to avoid because while I'm not very happy with his decisions lately I still don't hate the guy. I plan on preordering here soon as well.

I'm quite a big fan of Tom's stuff but even I can accept he's being disrespectful of Mark and Travis. Things are his end seem a bit... off.

Reed
Famous

Famous

Postby Reed » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:27 pm

Any discussion that has to do with Tom's album and how it regards blink can continue here, but I made an official album to discuss impressions of the clips, thoughts, hopes, etc here!
"When you're feeling low, here's a little hand from above cause you're on my mind."

Djenni
Reckless Abandon

Reckless Abandon

Postby Djenni » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:42 pm

Yeah maybe he should have taken a different approach. This just screams, what everyone is already thinking, that Tom's just in it for the $.

I mean Vinyl? Art? Shirts & Bundles? Jeez.

Supernova90
Feeling This!

Feeling This!

Postby Supernova90 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:06 pm

Djenni wrote:Yeah maybe he should have taken a different approach. This just screams, what everyone is already thinking, that Tom's just in it for the $.

Amen brotha. Trying to cash in on the opportunity. But he would still get money from blink no? I'm not sure how it all works.

Mark Macbeth
Abducted

Abducted

Postby Mark Macbeth » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:12 pm

Supernova90 wrote:But he would still get money from blink no? I'm not sure how it all works.

Well from what I've heard, nothing has been settled "legally-speaking" yet.

Chuck-182
Omnipresent

Omnipresent

Postby Chuck-182 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:45 pm

~*Dan*~ wrote:
Chuck-182 wrote:

I'm quite a big fan of Tom's stuff but even I can accept he's being disrespectful of Mark and Travis. Things are his end seem a bit... off.

Yeah I'm a HUGE Tom fan and even I can't argue with that

2009-2015

Reed
Famous

Famous

Postby Reed » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:38 am

~*Dan*~ wrote:Source of the post I'm quite a big fan of Tom's stuff but even I can accept he's being disrespectful of Mark and Travis. Things are his end seem a bit... off.

Seriously. This whole thing has seemed really weird on Tom's end. Just his more or less silence on the situation along with the near immediate decision to release the work he had for blink and just act like everything is no big deal has felt extremely off.

Djenni wrote:Source of the post Yeah maybe he should have taken a different approach. This just screams, what everyone is already thinking, that Tom's just in it for the $.

I am 100% behind there being a physical release and I am 100% ok paying $10 for a demos and extras release like this from any artist I like. Things like this are fun things that the general population couldn't care less about but true fans really enjoy. But a vinyl release? Preorder packages? Singles?! As soon as his website loaded and I saw all of that my jaw dropped.

Supernova90 wrote:Source of the post Amen brotha. Trying to cash in on the opportunity. But he would still get money from blink no? I'm not sure how it all works.

He will always get money from album sales of the albums he was a part of. Anything that come from the name "blink-182" hence forth (new album releases, tours, etc.) he will get no money from. Touring is where blink make their money and Tom will be making no money from that from here on out.

The real question will be if Mark and Travis can even continue using the name "blink-182". Theres quite a few variables involved in that like who owns the brand "blink-182"? Anyone? I would assume so. But is it Mark Tom and Travis? Just one of them? A third party? If nobody does they could continue using it without having to do anything, but Tom would still have grounds to say he doesn't want them to be able to use the name anymore and that would bring it into legal dealings. It's going to be really interesting seeing how it all unfolds.
"When you're feeling low, here's a little hand from above cause you're on my mind."

Djenni
Reckless Abandon

Reckless Abandon

Postby Djenni » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:26 pm

New interview with Travis, check it out, it's a pretty interesting read.
http://www.alternativenation.net/interv ... onge-quit/
Travis Barker wrote:If we did make an album with Skiba, it would be unreal. I don’t know if that’s a possibility yet because I can’t speak for everybody. Right now it feels like the honeymoon stage. Everyone’s really happy and there’s a vibe in the rehearsal room that we haven’t had in a long time.

Chuck-182
Omnipresent

Omnipresent

Postby Chuck-182 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:57 am

It really sounds like blink's future is up in the air :(

2009-2015

Return to “blink-182”