If you haven’t signed in to the forum since before 6/27/2014 you’ll need to reset your password in order to sign into your account. To do this, click here (the "I forgot my password" link on the login page) and you'll be sent a new password. You can read more about this here.

Is Hiatus 2.0 Underway?

Discuss all things blink here
Djenni
Reckless Abandon

Reckless Abandon

Postby Djenni » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:26 pm

leamnmel wrote:Weather they play together or not again they need to sort shit out and be men about stuff!

I agree with this 100%, they should all man up and solve this face to face without all this high school drama crap.

"and she's trying to sleep it off, with her head on my shoulder"

Djenni
Reckless Abandon

Reckless Abandon

Postby Djenni » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:25 pm

New update from Tom:

One of the reasons all this Blink stuff went haywire was because I am in 6 contracts with Best Selling Authors that are co-writing 15 Novels with me personally. Each one has an EP soundtrack that launches with it. I told my manager the contract that was sent to me for the Blink deal contained weird new language that I had to drop all that music for almost a year. I said I couldn't, but I could record the album in and around those things that were already in the works. He wrote them an email saying I'm out- (I didn't know) next thing you know, a press release saying things I didn't say. Here we are..... Well.... Read a fucking book- at least one of mine, please. Christ.

leamnmel
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby leamnmel » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:36 am

So.... Tom has to sack his manager and talk to Mark & Travis, let them continue to do some shows with out him, but still record a Blink Album with them like he said, around those plans he has then every flicker is happy!
It ain't rocket science

Chuck-182
Omnipresent

Omnipresent

Postby Chuck-182 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:59 pm

With blink it's never that simple :(

I guess this is growing up...
2009-2015

leamnmel
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby leamnmel » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:05 am

Unfortunately not :?

Reed
Famous

Famous

Postby Reed » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:29 pm

Not sure if you guys saw Tom go on quite the comment spree on instagram the other day... :o

Spoiler: show
"When you're feeling low, here's a little hand from above cause you're on my mind."

Djenni
Reckless Abandon

Reckless Abandon

Postby Djenni » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:56 pm

Reed wrote:Not sure if you guys saw Tom go on quite the comment spree on instagram the other day... :o

wow :o

EDIT: yay 1400 posts for the 2nd time.

~*Dan*~
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby ~*Dan*~ » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:21 pm

Djenni wrote:
Reed wrote:Not sure if you guys saw Tom go on quite the comment spree on instagram the other day... :o

wow :o

EDIT: yay 1400 posts for the 2nd time.

Wow... he's really getting involved with talking to fans as of late.

What's everyones thoughts on blink with Matt Skiba? I watched, listened waiting for the crazy guitar solos on a flanger, crappy harmonies etc. But alas there were none, it was all very clean, fantastic harmonies... My only wondering is, does Mat Skiba know how to use the clean channel on his amp? Still on the "It's not blink-182 without Tom" bandwagon, but I'd be interested to see what they could do together under a different name etc, a fresh start. Toms plans seem very ambitious, I do wonder if he can pull it all off this year, 4 albums etc?

Reed
Famous

Famous

Postby Reed » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:23 pm

~*Dan*~ wrote:What's everyones thoughts on blink with Matt Skiba? I watched, listened waiting for the crazy guitar solos on a flanger, crappy harmonies etc. But alas there were none, it was all very clean, fantastic harmonies... My only wondering is, does Mat Skiba know how to use the clean channel on his amp? Still on the "It's not blink-182 without Tom" bandwagon, but I'd be interested to see what they could do together under a different name etc, a fresh start. Toms plans seem very ambitious, I do wonder if he can pull it all off this year, 4 albums etc?

I agree. The shows have been solid. Some really great harmonies coming out. The energy is fantastic.

...but it just isn't blink. I've got no beef with Matt at all and I was/am open to hearing what this blink could bring, but it just doesn't do it for me at all. Matt style with blink just doesn't sound like hes singing. I dont know if there is a name for this style, but it literally sounds like hes just speaking with elongated words, not using a singing voice. Idk :lol:. That definitely adds to the feel of this being a cover band to me.

I just feel like you cant replace lead singers of bands in general. It's not blink without Tom, and it wouldn't be blink without Mark. Band members that solely play an instrument are a little easier to replace because a replacement member can emulate their style and it not feel weird. The feel and sound of the band remains unchanged. You throw in a different singer that has a completely different voice and style and it changes things big time. Especially with a band like blink where the specific vocal differences were part of their sound.
"When you're feeling low, here's a little hand from above cause you're on my mind."

(this is) john.
Abducted

Abducted

Postby (this is) john. » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:23 am

~*Dan*~ wrote:What's everyones thoughts on blink with Matt Skiba?

in case you missed what i wrote on the last page:

so there's videos up with matt skiba playing with mark and travis, and honestly i don't like it. i feel like a might as well watch a random cover band play and try to sing the songs exactly like blink does. a lot of people are saying he sounds way better than tom, but i've never had a problem with his voice, so that's not really anything to me. it makes me kind of sad.

i read somewhere that mark said something about matt being the "new step dad." i never witnessed my parents go thru a divorce but i feel like that's a really good metaphor for what's going on. it seems everyone else is on "mom's" side (mark/travis) and hates everything "dad" (tom) does and blames him for everything. everyone seems to be head over heels for this "step dad," but i can't help but feel like it's wrong to have him around. i can't help but see that both parents are to blame.

maybe that was a little weird to extend the metaphor for that long lol. and by "everyone" i mostly mean the people everywhere but here. that's why i don't really comment on the topic anywhere else.

Djenni
Reckless Abandon

Reckless Abandon

Postby Djenni » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:41 am

(this is) john. wrote:maybe that was a little weird to extend the metaphor for that long lol.

haha nah man that actually made a lot of sense in a way.

leamnmel
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby leamnmel » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:18 am

Both parents are to blame for the lack of fucking communicating.... It really bugs me how neither of them can just say " Look, this is the problem I got"... If you know what I mean?

Mark Macbeth
Abducted

Abducted

Postby Mark Macbeth » Sun May 17, 2015 4:35 pm

So no news? No tour dates announced? Will blink go on without Tom?

I thought we would have some answers by now :?

Djenni
Reckless Abandon

Reckless Abandon

Postby Djenni » Wed May 20, 2015 6:53 pm

Mark Macbeth wrote:So no news? No tour dates announced? Will blink go on without Tom?

I thought we would have some answers by now :?

Well Mark's doing this now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlfhkZPvTag

(this is) john.
Abducted

Abducted

Postby (this is) john. » Wed May 27, 2015 10:01 pm

So it looks like Tom is almost officially and legally out:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... e-20150527

This was posted on AP.net but they deleted it a little after and no one seems to be talking about it over there. Not sure why...maybe they're going to get an exclusive announcement or something?

Mark's always been my favorite, but I have this disgusted feeling whenever I read anything about him or Travis now. I feel sorry for Tom and the way everyone's been treating him. I don't like the way Mark and Travis are handling this at all. If they continue without Tom (or Mark or Travis), it just isn't blink in my eyes.

Return to “blink-182”