If you haven’t signed in to the forum since before 6/27/2014 you’ll need to reset your password in order to sign into your account. To do this, click here (the "I forgot my password" link on the login page) and you'll be sent a new password. You can read more about this here.

Stomping The Phantom Brake Pedal

Discuss all things AvA here
Djenni
Reckless Abandon

Reckless Abandon

Postby Djenni » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:38 am

I still haven't listened to the remix songs but the first part of the EP sounds alright to me.. Diary is simply put amazing, gives me goosebumps every time i listen to it..
New Blood and Reel 6 are okay but nothing compared to Diary..
Last edited by Djenni on Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

"and she's trying to sleep it off, with her head on my shoulder"

daniel69
n00b

n00b

Postby daniel69 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:06 am

That was horrible if hes charging people for that he could of at least sang, toms my favorite artist it seems like he let david and matt make this and he came back from tour and they told him to sell it

leamnmel
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby leamnmel » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:10 am

Hey I guess I'm the only one enjoying the EP? I don't think AvA will end and I'm glad that Tom is focussing on Blink a lot more. You can definately see that he has been focusing on blink a lot due to all the hype hes put about the blink EP. But I really truly believe that when AvA release a new album it will blow us away just like WDNTW did. Who knows really? Just sad to see a lot of fans slating the AvA EP. But, even if it was Matt David and ilan who put most of the input in it, it's still reasonably good to me! Idk! Can't wait for the Blink EP now lol

stivy
Feeling This!

Feeling This!

Postby stivy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:20 pm

this EP is only a way for them to get money, totally pointless. that's why they never promoted it as a big thing. Just wait for blink ep dammit.

Chuck-182
Omnipresent

Omnipresent

Postby Chuck-182 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:28 pm

Just gave this a quick listen earlier and was not really impressed, Reel 6 is pretty sick though. Don't really care for remixes in general and these didn't really change my mind.

I guess this is growing up...
2009-2015

Blankfamous
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby Blankfamous » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:48 pm

new blood and Reel 6 sound like something Nine Inch Nails would do but im still enjoying the EP

MoldyClay87
n00b

n00b

Postby MoldyClay87 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:33 pm

daniel69 wrote:That was horrible if hes charging people for that he could of at least sang, toms my favorite artist it seems like he let david and matt make this and he came back from tour and they told him to sell it

David and Matt? Nope.

This entire EP is essentially an Ilan EP. He and his brother did the remixes and I am pretty sure Ilan did most of the instrumentals as well. Honestly, it isn't even an AvA EP. It's just some sort of experimental way of showing what AvA could be like and what Ilan can do if left to his own devices.

Shame it was all wasted on old music/songs instead of just being new stuff with new lyrics.

~*Dan*~
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby ~*Dan*~ » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:35 am

I honestly tried to wait until tomorrow to download Stomping the Phantom Brake Pedal (I was bought the bundle as part of a birthday present), but on the back of the critique it has been given on various forums I've had a cheeky listen to the remixes on YouTube.
Nothing really stands out on the remixes, and it was like listening to Pink Floyd doing renditions on AVA songs. Not necessarily a bad thing, but the remixes just sounded a bit empty in my opinion, they lacked a bit of guts and balls. Young London was the exception for me, thought it was fantastic with the piano, light drumming and small waves of synths.
Leaving the scores until tomorrow, I need something to listen to on the bus on the way home tomorrow, provided Dogs Eating Dogs doesn't take over my headphones for the rest of the day.

twoNICKSoneCUP
Feeling This!

Feeling This!

Postby twoNICKSoneCUP » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:02 am

Pretty disappointed I spent $60 on this. I guess the book was more than worth it for me...but seeing how great Diary was I was disappointed there weren't any vocals on the other songs. Reel 5 was awful and Reel 6 was definitely a lot better...but that's not saying too much.

~*Dan*~
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby ~*Dan*~ » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:23 am

twoNICKSoneCUP wrote:Pretty disappointed I spent $60 on this. I guess the book was more than worth it for me...but seeing how great Diary was I was disappointed there weren't any vocals on the other songs. Reel 5 was awful and Reel 6 was definitely a lot better...but that's not saying too much.

I thought the reels were awesome, definitely the best part of the EP.

Chuck-182
Omnipresent

Omnipresent

Postby Chuck-182 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:44 pm

Yeah aside from Diary this EP is totally eh.

I guess this is growing up...
2009-2015

~*Dan*~
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby ~*Dan*~ » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:47 pm

drummerAVA wrote:It took me a few listens to get used to the remixes... there was definitely an initial "shock" period or whatever because they were so different from typical AVA, but I can say now that I do like them, Young London and Saturday Love especially! The end of the Saturday Love remix was awesome, and I think I hear some drums in there from Ilan... really great ending to the Remix EP...

The Score EP was good, Diary being the obvious stand-out, but I was just a little disappointed that the New Blood and Reel 6 were so short, and didn't really progress much. I also heard the same reoccurring theme in all 3 score-pieces so that was a little disappointing as well, but honestly, it all sounded good.

Looking forward to a full-length with Ilan! :)

Loved the reels, New Blood is quite odd but very likeable, and then Reel 6 is really quite rocky. Like I said, they're the exceptions of the EP.

Return to “Angels & Airwaves”