If you haven’t signed in to the forum since before 6/27/2014 you’ll need to reset your password in order to sign into your account. To do this, click here (the "I forgot my password" link on the login page) and you'll be sent a new password. You can read more about this here.

New Angels&Airwaves album next Halloween

Discuss all things AvA here
Djenni
Reckless Abandon

Reckless Abandon

Postby Djenni » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:19 am

Looks like we'll be getting new AVA music next halloween.

https://www.facebook.com/officialtomdelonge
Last edited by Djenni on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

"and she's trying to sleep it off, with her head on my shoulder"

Chuck-182
Omnipresent

Omnipresent

Postby Chuck-182 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:10 am

Fucking stoooked

I guess this is growing up...
2009-2015

endra
Reckless Abandon

Reckless Abandon

Postby endra » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:02 pm

finally!

Jake
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby Jake » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:30 pm

Can't wait to see what they have in store! Tom posted a bit of Ilan playing to a song they're recording and it sounds pretty cool! Super stoked!

Thanks to Djenni for my sig.

"This is your Bar Mitzvah, Goldberg. Today you become a man."

Chuck-182
Omnipresent

Omnipresent

Postby Chuck-182 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:56 pm

Tom's comments about that video got me so stoked

2009-2015

Djenni
Reckless Abandon

Reckless Abandon

Postby Djenni » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:48 am

Tom DeLonge wrote:I have written all the Angels albums largely by myself. I had soo much I wanted to say at the time... But soon even I was bored of myself... of my tricks, vices, and routine chord progressions. It's hard to quantify all that @ilanrubin has added to this Angels album.. He truly has written and contributed on every single inch.... EVERY part, of every song, on every instrument with me. I have never in my life encountered a better musician. It has been a challenge to adapt both of our styles to eachother, but holy shit when we figured it out a year ago (a year in to the 2 year journey) it was electrifying. This album is going to change things for us... Big time. ‪#‎Halloween‬ ‪#‎AngelsAndAirwaves‬

Yeah, looks like we won't be hearing any recycled material this time around. This sounds very promising!

EDIT: I wonder if this pisses off David & Matt, pretty much makes it sound like they have no influence on AVA's sound.
Last edited by Djenni on Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

endra
Reckless Abandon

Reckless Abandon

Postby endra » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:35 pm

Djenni wrote:EDIT: I wonder if this pisses of David & Matt, pretty much makes it sound like they have no influence on AVA's sound.

Thats kinda what i got from that comment too
Last edited by endra on Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leamnmel
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby leamnmel » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:09 pm

Same here.... I feel like he's just fucking shit all over them!
I think tom's comments can be a tad rude towards his past members!
This is now why I believe blink won't be around for much longer!

Chuck-182
Omnipresent

Omnipresent

Postby Chuck-182 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:10 am

Djenni wrote:
Tom DeLonge wrote:I have written all the Angels albums largely by myself. I had soo much I wanted to say at the time... But soon even I was bored of myself... of my tricks, vices, and routine chord progressions. It's hard to quantify all that @ilanrubin has added to this Angels album.. He truly has written and contributed on every single inch.... EVERY part, of every song, on every instrument with me. I have never in my life encountered a better musician. It has been a challenge to adapt both of our styles to eachother, but holy shit when we figured it out a year ago (a year in to the 2 year journey) it was electrifying. This album is going to change things for us... Big time. ‪#‎Halloween‬ ‪#‎AngelsAndAirwaves‬

Yeah, looks like we won't be hearing any recycled material this time around. This sounds very promising!

EDIT: I wonder if this pisses off David & Matt, pretty much makes it sound like they have no influence on AVA's sound.

Haha that really shouldn't be a surprise to them. Although, Start the Machine made it seem like David had a lot of input on WDNTW.

2009-2015

Reed
Famous

Famous

Postby Reed » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:01 pm

Looks like we're in for a huge departure for this album! I'm really interested to see where this goes. :P
"When you're feeling low, here's a little hand from above cause you're on my mind."

potense
Feeling This!

Feeling This!

Postby potense » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:29 am

I'm really stoked for this, but yeah it's tom telling this so i don't believe the hype until i hear it...

I don't like it when tom posts shit like this, portraying himself like god, and he finally found someone who is as incredible as he is.. ?!

A lot of people are responsible for AvA's sound. David fro sure for a lot of the rhythm guitar work. Matt for all the modular synths and stuff, and don't forget critter, who probably was the real genius behind their records.

Still excited for this Album, but please Tom, calm the fuck down.

Djenni
Reckless Abandon

Reckless Abandon

Postby Djenni » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:40 am

Yup Critter did have a huge influence on their sound.

But yeah new blink and AVA music this year. Awesome, can't wait..

~*Dan*~
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby ~*Dan*~ » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:41 pm

I remember Tom stating it was career defining, and I just wanted to face palm myself. But then when you have Aaron Rubin saying it's coming away from the old sound, and Tom praising Ilan's musicianship, you have to wonder just how different this album is. Don't get me wrong, I love AvA, they always remind me of good times. But even with Tom admitting he uses the same chord progressions etc and Ilan is having a huge influence on his song writing, this could be a good thing for blink-182 too.
I remember reading some fan boys asking Tom how Ilan is a better musician than Travis. I did laugh, Ilan is an all rounder and a brilliant musician, could Travis play the piano better Ilan?

Return to “Angels & Airwaves”