If you haven’t signed in to the forum since before 6/27/2014 you’ll need to reset your password in order to sign into your account. To do this, click here (the "I forgot my password" link on the login page) and you'll be sent a new password. You can read more about this here.

AvA - Paralyzed

Discuss all things AvA here
Reed
Famous

Famous

Postby Reed » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:32 pm

As leamnmel pointed out, the new AvA single "Paralyzed" popped up on MixRad.io You can listen to a clip from there, and you can also buy it for $0.69

However, I'm gonna be "that guy" and advise against buying it just yet. I bought it and it sounds very...off. The intro sounds very much like a demo, and Tom's vocals are pretty hard to hear through most of the song. Add that with the fact that the band hasn't even announced the song yet, and all the videos of it were taken down extremely fast, I'm wondering if this is an unmastered (maybe even not a final mix?) copy of the track.

That being said, the song shows promise. Definitely a departure in terms of sound and feel. Waiting on an official release to judge the song itself though.
"When you're feeling low, here's a little hand from above cause you're on my mind."

leamnmel
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby leamnmel » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:54 pm

Ye I posted a link some dude had given me if you want to download it free? But it definitely isn't a finished version of the song! It is cool I must admit but the quality (mixing / Mastering wise) isn't at all the best!

Chuck-182
Omnipresent

Omnipresent

Postby Chuck-182 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:44 pm

Definitely doesn't sound like a finished version to me but I loooove the song

I guess this is growing up...
2009-2015

Chuck-182
Omnipresent

Omnipresent

Postby Chuck-182 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:22 am

Ilan's brother said we'll hear the mastered version on Monday. Can't wait.

2009-2015

leamnmel
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby leamnmel » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:45 am

Nice :)

Djenni
Reckless Abandon

Reckless Abandon

Postby Djenni » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:02 am

Awesome! Still haven't listened to this one, i think i'm gonna wait for the finished version.

"and she's trying to sleep it off, with her head on my shoulder"

leamnmel
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby leamnmel » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:56 am

Djenni wrote:Awesome! Still haven't listened to this one, i think i'm gonna wait for the finished version.

Personally I don't think it's gunna be much different, you should take a listen dude :) it's a grower for me, it's awesome but I think it needs time to sink in lol very boxcar racer tho

~*Dan*~
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby ~*Dan*~ » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:30 pm

Aaron Rubin has confirmed the mastered version will drop Monday, quoted saying - "This song is just one cog in a diverse machine. No song sounds alike. Be patient and hear the mastered version on Monday". I like it though, nice to hear some different guitar techniques in there too.

leamnmel
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby leamnmel » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:09 pm

Well now apparently Paralyzed isn't even the single.... Ha ha tom just tweeted! So maybe a new song Monday?

Djenni
Reckless Abandon

Reckless Abandon

Postby Djenni » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:30 pm

lol that's interesting. Hopefully this means we'll have 2 new songs by monday.

"and she's trying to sleep it off, with her head on my shoulder"

Reed
Famous

Famous

Postby Reed » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:05 pm

Wow, this is sounding very different! I'm so hyped after hearing this clip!!
"When you're feeling low, here's a little hand from above cause you're on my mind."

Chuck-182
Omnipresent

Omnipresent

Postby Chuck-182 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:21 am

Paralyzed gets officially released tomorrow right?!

2009-2015

leamnmel
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby leamnmel » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:42 am

It up on itunes for pre order as we get it on Tuesday! So I'm a little confused.... If that isn't even the single as tom said, are we still getting a new song today? Maybe a music video along with the launch of the website? I'm gunna just wait and see :^|

Reed
Famous

Famous

Postby Reed » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:18 am

You can hear a preview of the mastered version from the New Zealand iTunes here. Sounding better, but theres not much to hear yet.

leamnmel wrote:It up on itunes for pre order as we get it on Tuesday! So I'm a little confused.... If that isn't even the single as tom said, are we still getting a new song today? Maybe a music video along with the launch of the website? I'm gunna just wait and see :^|
Eh, keep in mind nothing has been officially announced for today. Just an Instagram comment. I'd plan on the release of "Paralyzed" on the 7th being the only thing that will happen, though I'd welcome the site launch or at least some info to be released.

I'm guessing he means its not the "official single" of the album, just a random release. They must have a different song they'll be pushing for the radio and shot the video for.

leamnmel
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby leamnmel » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:05 am

Eh, keep in mind nothing has been officially announced for today. Just an Instagram comment. I'd plan on the release of "Paralyzed" on the 7th being the only thing that will happen, though I'd welcome the site launch or at least some info to be released.

I'm guessing he means its not the "official single" of the album, just a random release. They must have a different song they'll be pushing for the radio and shot the video for.[/quote]

Ok then ha ha I just got a little confused lol!
It would be nice to hear a new song already or even better to see a music video with Ilan and the new bass player... (In not sure of his name lol) just wait and see as I think we definitely are going to get some news pretty soon regarding the album and the the Poet film!

Return to “Angels & Airwaves”