If you haven’t signed in to the forum since before 6/27/2014 you’ll need to reset your password in order to sign into your account. To do this, click here (the "I forgot my password" link on the login page) and you'll be sent a new password. You can read more about this here.

(+44)

Discuss +44, Box Car Racer, and any other side projects from the members of blink here
Fighting The Gravity
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby Fighting The Gravity » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:41 am

Box Car Racer was the shit! Such an awesome band that made an incredible album. I wish BCR would make another album together. But I dont think Tom could sound like his old young self anymore. That was the one dissapoinment about Neighborhoods was how it wasnt really blink-182 sounding.

Djenni
Reckless Abandon

Reckless Abandon

Postby Djenni » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:06 pm

Fighting The Gravity wrote:Box Car Racer was the shit! Such an awesome band that made an incredible album. I wish BCR would make another album together. But I dont think Tom could sound like his old young self anymore. That was the one dissapoinment about Neighborhoods was how it wasnt really blink-182 sounding.

Oh i think Neighborhoods was blink sounding alright but the album just felt like they threw it together over a few weeks, like they didn't use any of the two years they had to record it to actually work on it. The songs felt really under-produced and some songs felt wayyy to Mark-ish or Tom-ish, songs like Fighting the Gravity and Hearts All Gone sound like Tom didn't put 10 minutes of work into them, all Mark songs. I still really like the album but it could easily have been lightyears better if they'd just put more work into it..

"and she's trying to sleep it off, with her head on my shoulder"

stoner182
Feeling This!

Feeling This!

Postby stoner182 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:09 pm

Djenni wrote:
Fighting The Gravity wrote:Box Car Racer was the shit! Such an awesome band that made an incredible album. I wish BCR would make another album together. But I dont think Tom could sound like his old young self anymore. That was the one dissapoinment about Neighborhoods was how it wasnt really blink-182 sounding.

Oh i think Neighborhoods was blink sounding alright but the album just felt like they threw it together over a few weeks, like they didn't use any of the two years they had to record it to actually work on it. The songs felt really under-produced and some songs felt wayyy to Mark-ish or Tom-ish, songs like Fighting the Gravity and Hearts All Gone sound like Tom didn't put 10 minutes of work into them, all Mark songs. I still really like the album but it could easily have been lightyears better if they'd just put more work into it..

Yeah I think they should do that for the next album, they should stop doing the other things keeping them busy (AVA,Hoppus on Music, Travis's hiphop stuff) and focus on making a great blink sounding record, working on the songs in a rehearsal room or something, instead of sending the ideas back and forth and adding stuff separately, I bet it could be better than Neighborhoods.

Return to “Side Projects”