If you haven’t signed in to the forum since before 6/27/2014 you’ll need to reset your password in order to sign into your account. To do this, click here (the "I forgot my password" link on the login page) and you'll be sent a new password. You can read more about this here.

Songs That Changed Your Life

Discuss the world of music here
Chuck-182
Omnipresent

Omnipresent

Postby Chuck-182 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:20 pm

Just for a discussion topic I thought it'd be fun to talk about songs that really had an impact for you in your life

In Too Deep - Sum 41
This is one of the first songs I ever fell in love with, I remember I first heard it when I was 11 years old and I remember thinking I had never heard anything like it before, It's just so damn catchy and I still love this song today.

My Friends Over You - New Found Glory
This one is probably the biggest for me, before I heard this song music was just a hobby for me, now it's my entire life mostly due to this song. I remember exactly where I was when I first heard it and my jaw just dropped cause I though it was so awesome haha. I honestly don't think I'd be who I am today if I hadn't heard this song.

I Feel So - Box Car Racer
This is the first blink-related song I ever really heard. Growing up I wasn't allowed to listen to blink-182 (for obvious reasons haha), when I was 14 my niece was watching Nickelodeon and when they were previewing what show was coming on next they used I Feel So and somehow I instantly recognized it as the guy from blink-182, right away I jumped on Limewire ( :lol: ) and looked up Let's Start Over by blink-182 and I Feel So showed up. After that I looked up more BCR songs and just fell in love with the album, so I really doubt I'd be into blink now if I hadn't seen that Nickelodeon commercial.

I guess this is growing up...
2009-2015

Buffalo Cricket
Famous

Famous

Postby Buffalo Cricket » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:08 am

Bruh. No one replied to this.

Reed
Famous

Famous

Postby Reed » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:18 pm

Buffalo Cricket wrote:Bruh. No one replied to this.

Well look who it is.. :lol:

I actually missed this thread somehow! I'm gonna think about this and come back, all these favorite music threads are so hard to answer!

In the mean time you reminded me of something! I downloaded Box Car off of limewire as well, and I dont even remember what prompted me to look them up or who they were, but I would just search for them and download any song title I hadn't heard yet until I had the whole album. I eventually looked up the tracklist to make sure I got them all and that they were all in order and I rocked out to that album nonstop.

It wasn't until a solid year later I was on PD and somebody was posting all the blink albums and stuff and I decided to download Box Car Racer since it was in much better quality, and low and behold most of my limewire tracks had been demos all along! So it was really cool to have every little nuance of that album memorized, only to have a better quality, fully finished album all of the sudden after so long and I never even knew :lol:
"When you're feeling low, here's a little hand from above cause you're on my mind."

Djenni
Reckless Abandon

Reckless Abandon

Postby Djenni » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:38 pm

Buffalo Cricket wrote:Source of the post Bruh. No one replied to this.

Buffalo's alive! :alien:
Reed wrote:I actually missed this thread somehow!

Yeah me 2, don't know how it happened, really good thread - I'm going to have to give this some thought..

"and she's trying to sleep it off, with her head on my shoulder"

Chuck-182
Omnipresent

Omnipresent

Postby Chuck-182 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:17 am

You guys it has been a year! Really slacking :lol:

2009-2015

Djenni
Reckless Abandon

Reckless Abandon

Postby Djenni » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:51 pm

:lol:

"and she's trying to sleep it off, with her head on my shoulder"

buffalo bill
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby buffalo bill » Mon May 02, 2016 4:03 am

I remember that Nick commercial too. It was for Fairly Oddparents lol

Chuck-182
Omnipresent

Omnipresent

Postby Chuck-182 » Fri May 13, 2016 11:17 pm

buffalo bill wrote:Source of the post I remember that Nick commercial too. It was for Fairly Oddparents lol

It was!!! Haha you saw it too?

2009-2015

buffalo bill
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby buffalo bill » Sat May 14, 2016 10:08 am

Chuck-182 wrote:Source of the post
buffalo bill wrote:Source of the post I remember that Nick commercial too. It was for Fairly Oddparents lol

It was!!! Haha you saw it too?

Yeah I remember it was early in the morning lol. With the "wish i was.." lines followed by the chorus I think.

IreckonKiwii
Abducted

Abducted

Postby IreckonKiwii » Sat May 14, 2016 7:38 pm

:)

"I’ll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda."

IreckonKiwii
Abducted

Abducted

Postby IreckonKiwii » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:16 am

Every song by Smash Mouth has changed my life, guy fieri is my favorite singer by far

"I’ll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda."

Return to “Music”