If you haven’t signed in to the forum since before 6/27/2014 you’ll need to reset your password in order to sign into your account. To do this, click here (the "I forgot my password" link on the login page) and you'll be sent a new password. You can read more about this here.

My new album Good & Bad Things

In a band? Make some music? Show it off here!
leamnmel
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby leamnmel » Mon May 26, 2014 3:18 am

Enjoy or don't it's up to you!
But I'm more than proud of this :)
http://soundcloud.com/left-of-summer/se ... bad-things
Last edited by leamnmel on Mon May 26, 2014 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

potense
Feeling This!

Feeling This!

Postby potense » Tue May 27, 2014 8:19 pm

Flew over the whole thing, it's got some nice moments for sure. But the whole thing seems a bit outstretched for me. 35 of the 55 minutes just sound like random sonudtwitching without any proper idea or inspiration behind it. I'm a big fan of records with a long playtime but you need the amount of inspiration to pull that off. a lot off small bands release LP's way to early just to have something out, but those records mostly consist of 2-3 good songs and a couple of filler tracks and interludes.

Why not release a couple of singles or EP's first with only Kick Ass material on it? Also for someone who is not your friend or relative, it's most likely he won't listen to the thing as it's just way to long. Same goes for music blogs, press, or bookers for clubs. 2 Minute Intros/Outros/Interludes are cool but need to be placed wisely and arranged so well that they don't bore the shit out of the listener.

Also the fact how you just occasionally put a full length record on sound cloud without any additional info shows how much pride and time you took into doing this.

Don't want to sound harsh here, just my honest opinion.

Anyway i guess there's a lot of potential there, but needs a lot of time to evolve. As i said i wouldn't just release every note i record on my macbook.

Keep it up!

leamnmel
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby leamnmel » Tue May 27, 2014 9:13 pm

We released 3 eps before this it's taken 4 years for us to finish!

leamnmel
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby leamnmel » Tue May 27, 2014 9:14 pm

Oh and thank you for the criticism :) much appreciate dude

leamnmel
Up All Night

Up All Night

Postby leamnmel » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:41 am

The album is now streaming via YouTube :)
http://Youtu.be/DPRz-uPBJOA

Return to “Show Us Your Music!”